Sunday February 25
- USA Softball Tournaments
- Total Body Fitness Racing Events
- USA BMX Races
- Carnaval Mardi Gras! Cultural Music, Dance & Parade
- Futsal Fest
Wednesday February 28
Thursday March 01
Friday March 02
Saturday March 03
- William Jessup Men's Baseball
- AAU Basketball Tournaments with Sac Area Sports
- STEM Expo
- Hardwood Palace Basketball Tournaments
- USA BMX Races
- Sac State Aquatic Center Events
- Precision Sand Volleyball
Sunday March 04
Placer Valley Tourism's mission is to generate incremental room nights in hotels within PVT's geographic footprint . . . the cities of Roseville, Rocklin, and Lincoln, California. We recruit a wide variety of events, from corporate to athletic to performing arts activities to our area. We provide grants to some events, depending upon how many room nights they generate, and when they occur. Email Kim Summers for information on how to apply for a grant.
South Placer Tourism, Inc., doing business as Placer Valley Tourism (PVT), is a Business Improvement District (BID), formed in 2004 by the City of Roseville under provisions in the California Streets and Highways Code Section 36500-36504, which is known as the "Property and Business Improvement District Law of 1994". The organization is classified for tax purposes as a 501(c)6.
The geographic footprint of PVT consists of the three cities of Roseville, Rocklin, and Lincoln, California. PVT exists to market the three-city region as a tourism destination in order to generate incremental room nights in hotels in the cities. Each hotel property within the footprint pays a $6.50 assessment into the BID for each paid room night in the respective hotel.
Our monthly committee agendas for Events Committees, Executive Committees and Board Meetings can be found at the bottom of this page.
- David Attaway, CEO
- Donna D. Dotti, Director of Sales
- Kim Summers, Director of Marketing
- Amy Looney, Public Relations Coordinator
- Sulynn Jew, Office Manager
- Rachel Timms, Event Services Coordinator
What We Do
At Placer Valley Tourism, your success is our joy. Below is a partial list of services that we offer to allow you to focus on other aspects of your very special event.
- We search nationally, regionally, and locally for outstanding events to recruit and serve
- We appreciate the tourism value, number of room nights and economic impact of events
- We assist event planners by matching our facilities with your needs
- We will request competitive proposals from every Placer Valley hotel to assist you
- We build event-specific web pages, complete with area information and the convenience of clicking all the way through to booking accommodations without leaving the site
- We provide financial grants to assist significant tourism generating events
- We provide media relations and publicity assistance
- We offer hospitality volunteers for selected significant events
Our Core Values
The staff of Placer Valley Tourism pledges its commitment to these Core Values:
TEAMWORK. We strive for the highest possible level of internal and external customer service as we work as a team to add value to one another, to achieve our mission, and to serve others.
INTEGRITY. We are authentic: what we say is what we do! You can count on us to fulfill our commitments and to strive to exceed them. Honesty, fairness and reliability are a vital part of our foundation.
PASSION. Each of us is entirely devoted to our role on the team. We are passionate about what we do; we enjoy helping you to create meaningful, unforgettable memories. (And we know that sometimes we have to be just a little weird to make your dreams come true!)
VISION. We love and believe in our region! We have the courage to dream BIG, to be innovators, to face challenges and to fulfill our role in providing exceptional hospitality to visitors. We are committed to growing the economic health of our region through tourism.
WORK ETHIC. We are dedicated to diligently planning and working hard to achieve over-the-top success in every program and event we touch!
Board of Directors
Heather Hilton, Chair
Regional Sales Support Manager, Tharaldson Hospitality Management
Ron Berger, Vice Chair
Area General Manager, Heritage Hotel Group
Wendy Gerig, Secretary
CEO, Roseville Area Chamber of Commerce
Commissioner, USA Softball of Sacramento
Jessica Sacci, Past Chair
Regional General Manager, Courtyard by Marriott
Volunteer, Lincoln Chamber of Commerce
General Manager, Hyatt Place
Assistant City Manager, City of Roseville
General Manager, Staybrige Suites
General Manager, Hilton Garden Inn
Director of City Commerce and Communications, City of Rocklin
General Manager, Holiday Inn Express Lincoln
Economic Development Manager, City of Lincoln
Stephen Makis, Treasurer
Personal Insurance Specialist, Brown & Brown Insurance
(Rocklin Chamber Seat)
General Manager, Holiday Inn Express Rocklin